Updated – June 2023
Ohio is a ‘Right-To-Life’ state, right?
Well, the evil of this world has found a ‘loop-hole’ to try and make an Ohio Constitution amendment which would over ride codes on the books for the state. There are TWO ISSUES here, please read to understand both. The first issue is TIME SENSITIVE which is why it is discussed first.
OHIO ISSUE #1
This Issue is an August 8th, 2023 Ballot Initiative.
** If you are NOT currently a registered voter, the registration cut-off for the August 8th vote is July 10th!! Please CLICK HERE TO REGISTER if you are not currently a registered voter in Ohio. **
Issue 1 is a proposed amendment to the Constitution of the State of Ohio that protects our state’s most important document.
The ballot language is just 131 words and reads:
ELEVATING THE STANDARDS TO QUALIFY FOR AND TO PASS ANY CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTThe proposed amendment would:
- Require that any proposed amendment to the Constitution of the State of Ohio receive the State proposing to amend the Constitution of the State of Ohio be signed by at least five percent of the eligible voters of each county in the state.
- Specify that additional signatures may not be added to an initiative petition filed with the Secretary of State on or after January 1, 2024 proposing to amend the Constitution of the State of Ohio.”
This amendment makes Ohio’s Constitution more in-line with the Constitution for the United States of America. You can CLICK HERE and see the full document provided by the Center for Christian Virtue with a little more detail.
TO BE CLEAR, SUPPORT OF THIS ISSUE IS A GOOD THING FOR OHIO!
PROPOSED AMENDMENT FOR REPRODUCTIVE FREEDOM
There are organizations working to collect signatures to put this “Proposed Amendment” on the ballot in November 2023 for Ohio. THIS amendment is very carefully worded so people do NOT understand the total impact of the ‘rights’.
Here is the document that was shared:
This proposed Amendment has the following:
- Makes “Women’s Health Issues” a civil right,
- Addresses “INDIVIDUALS”, not Women, leaving it open to LBGTQ initiatives,
- Abortion and ‘continuing’ pregnancy a right of ‘every individual’,
- “Including, but not limited to”,
- Makes physical AND mental health a deciding factor for whether an individual may abort a child,
- Enters the World Health Organization into our Ohio Constitution,
- “The State” may not have any say in an individual exercising their rights… Meaning, even a court may not stop someone from making a wrong decision,
- Makes anyone that “assists in decisions made” exempt from responsibility (teachers, school staff, health workers, activists, etc etc),
- Makes available FULL TERM, all 9 months, abortion,
- And, so much more…
As you can see, there are MANY ISSUES here that these liberal organizations are working hard to ‘slam dunk’ into place. Why slam dunk? Because historically, conservatives to not turn out to ‘off cycle’ elections. There are people in Ohio from other states collecting signatures to get this on the November ballot… As a conservative, not only should we refuse to support their collection of signatures to get this on the ballot, but if it gets ON the ballot, conservatives must show up to vote this proposed amendment down!
Again, to be clear, SUPPORT OF THIS ISSUE IS A HUGE WIN FOR LIBERALS IN OHIO AND WILL NEGATE ANY CODES ON THE BOOKS TO MAKE ABORTION ILLEGAL!
In supporting Issue #1, it will make it MUCH MORE difficult for these liberal organizations to get this “Amendment for Reproductive Freedom” proposal on the ballot.
Yes, Ohio is a Right-To-Life State and we need to STAY THAT WAY! Protect the children!
Check back to this page as we will update the page with additional information as it is available.